Sunday, December 5, 2010

Lady Lake Writers News

Having a problem staying motivated with your writing? Read last entry for some great tips on how to stay motivated no matter what.
Mia Culpa! I just read the latest issue of The Florida Writer and freaked out when I read that our local member and RPLA chairperson Chris Coward, was awarded the President's yearly award for outstanding service to FWA at our recent conference. My face is red! I guess everyone "assumed" (and you know how that word breaks down eh?) I already knew. No, I didn't. I wasn't able to attend the conference this year, but I don't know how I managed to miss that announcement within all the other info. I was given. With that said, please accept my profound congratulations Chris! I can't think of anyone who deserved it more than you! You're countless hours of dedication to FWA is greatly appreciated by all of us. Wishing you all the best and continued success within FWA!
Our next workshop is scheduled for the February meeting. The workshop will be all about Formatting for Publication and e-Books. Presenter will be Dr. Mary Lois Sanders who was also an FWA award recipient at the conference this year and last year as well.
You'll learn about chapter titles and subheads, fonts and tabs, establishing your format and other vital information whether you plan on publishing via print-on-demand or traditional printer.
This will be a closed workshop for FWA members only.
Guests: If you wish to attend this informative session, you'll have plenty of time to join FWA beforehand. Please go to our FWA official site at www.floridawriters.net where you can either print an application form or pay via Pay Pal on line. Contact me at cocowriter@yahoo.com if you need more information or have any questions.
Big News: We will be starting a second FWA morning chapter (or co-chapter) once the new Lady Lake Library building opens sometime in Spring of 2011. Stay tuned for more info., particulars and updates on this blog as we get closer to our target date. I'm very excited for this new chapter to get started. Our local FWA membership continues to grow rapidly. The ideal amount of members per chapter is around 12 or 13 members. As you can see from our local meeetings, we've gone way beyond that number. Hopefully another morning chapter will allow smaller groups and more quality time for YOU to read, critique, etc. It's all good!

No comments: